Advertisement

Axelsen surrenders to Lee on way to quarters

BANGKOK: Veteran Malaysian shuttler Lee Chong Wei established his requital on world number one Viktor Axelsen by staggering the Dane in a two-diversion coordinate in their last gathering experience of the Thomas Container on Wednesday.

Lee, 35, beat the 24-year-old star 21-9, 21-19 of every 42 minutes in Bangkok, where the half-yearly badminton competition is being held close by the ladies' Uber Container.

The Malaysian player, a previous world number one who is currently positioned seven in the nightfall of his vocation, has lost to Axelsen in their previous three experiences, most as of late at the Dubai World Superseries Finals in December.

"I chose to be forceful," Lee told the New Straits Times on Wednesday night, including that beating Axelsen was "a matter of pride".

"It was an imperative match and I was roused. I have never lost to him in a group occasion previously, and I wasn't prepared to lose today," he included.

The two groups will head into the quarter finals with a shot at radiance, having beaten past adversaries in their Gathering 'D' with 5-0 decisive victories.

Denmark likewise has a title to safeguard in the wake of turning into the primary non-Asian nation to bring home the trophy in 2016.

Be that as it may, the enormous test will conquer China, whose Olympic star Chen Long has helped lead his powerhouse group to three 5-0 wipeouts of Australia, France and India.

On the ladies' side, top-seeds Japan have been in threatening structure this week, swatting endlessly India on Wednesday 5-0 with stars Akane Yamaguchi and Nozomi Okuhara by and by doing the business in the singles, while Misaki Matsutomo and Ayaka Takahashi secured the focuses in the copies.

The men are likewise solid, cruising past Taiwan 5-0 Wednesday morning after two 4-1, 4-1 triumphs prior in the week.

Thailand's ladies have so far charmed the home group, battering both Germany and Hong Kong in their initial two binds as they expect to be seeded in the draw for the quarters. Australia get new shirt support SYDNEY: Cricket Australia have consented to a four-year arrangement with vitality supplier Alinta Vitality, conceivably letting go worries over a monetary aftermath from the ball-altering embarrassment in Spring.

The West Australian organization will turn into the men's national group's shirt support over every one of the three configurations for home matches. Money related terms were not unveiled.

"We are pleased to welcome Alinta Vitality on board as the primary accomplice of Cricket Australia, and for them to include on the playing shirts of the Australian men's cricket group," CA CEO James Sutherland said. "Alinta Vitality has made a long haul responsibility regarding cricket and the Australian men's group and we anticipate a fruitful association which incorporates our help of them and their business development yearnings."

The shirt sponsorship is a standout amongst the most obvious in Australian game.

The assention comes two months after the game was shaken by a ball-altering embarrassment, when skipper Steve Smith, bad habit commander David Warner and batsman Cameron Bancroft conceded they had contrived to intentionally harsh up the ball amid the third Test against South Africa.

Every one of the three were prohibited as far as concerns them in the embarrassment, mentor Darren Lehmann remained down and two autonomous surveys of the group's way of life have likewise been impelled.

The embarrassment incited subsidize director Magellan Fund Gathering to end its three-year concurrence with CA as the supporter of the group's residential arrangement, while the three players all lost individual understandings.

Since the embarrassment, be that as it may, CA marked another six-year communicate understanding worth A$1.2 billion with telecaster Seven West Media and pay TV organization Foxtel, finishing an over 40-year relationship with Nine Stimulation.

Comments